Multiple sclerosis is a chronic disease which affects your brain, optic nerve, and spinal cord. It is an autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks the myelin sheath which acts as a protective layer for nerve fibers. This disease can lead to permanent degeneration of nerves.
The main function of the nerve fibers is to send the signals from the brain to different body parts and back. The initial signs and symptoms depend on the severity of the nerve damage but most of the people suffer from paralysis. There is no known cure for multiple sclerosis all you can do is just reduce the symptoms of it. Different studies have shown that CBD is a natural substance which helps in treating multiple sclerosis. In simple words, CBD limits the progression of this disease.
Today, in this article we will talk some more about multiple sclerosis and the role of CBD in treating it.
All About Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
MS is a brain disorder in which signals from the brain and spinal cord get disrupted. It affects your central nervous system because of which you lose the ability to walk you will often feel a tingling sensation in your both hands and legs. When the immune system attacks your body it destroys the fatty cells which act as a protective layer for nerves. The signal which travels from nerves may get blocked and take much longer to travel due to loss of mylein. Genes and some environmental factors are responsible for developing multiple sclerosis.
Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
The symptoms of multiple sclerosis depend on the timeline of this disease therefore below I have mentioned some common symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
- Weakness or numbness in your limbs.
- The sensation like an electric shock.
- Lack of coordination
- Complete loss of vision or pain while any eye movement
- Blurred vision
- Speech trouble
- Sexual problems
What can be possible complications when you are suffering from MS?
- Stiff muscles
- Mood swings
- Foggy memory
Use CBD for Multiple Sclerosis
CBD is a well known natural substance which is helpful against depression, mood swings, acute, and chronic pain. When you consume CBD it interacts with your endocannabinoid system because of which it reduces the symptoms of MS. The endocannabinoid system in our body produces natural cannabinoids which control the body’s natural healing process.
In recent studies, CBD has shown reduced inflammation, increased appetite, improved sleep, and decreased the level of anxiety. All these are the symptoms of MS.
What are the Other Treatment options for Multiple Sclerosis?
The other treatment option may include-
- Intake of Corticosteroids, an oral medicine which helps in reducing nerve inflammation. This medicine has different side-effects such as insomnia, fluid retention, high blood pressure, and anxiety.
- Plasma exchange method can be also used for multiple sclerosis. In this method plasma is removed from your blood, the protein solution is added to it, then it is returned to your blood.
- Beta interferons are other medications which can help multiple sclerosis. This medication is injected under your skin so that muscles can reduce the severity of the spasm.
- Glatiramer acetate medication blocks the immune system from attacking myelin.
- Physical therapy is also very helpful for multiple sclerosis, it increases the range of motion and muscle tone.
- Get plenty of rest it will improve your sleep.
- Eat a balanced diet and increase the intake of vitamin D.
- Try yoga and tai chi.
My Final Thoughts
When you are suffering from multiple sclerosis then CBD is very effective against it. It will reduce pain and inflammation without any side-effects. You can use CBD in different forms such as oil, wax, powder, edibles, and orally. Before you buy any CBD product make sure it has no THC and high CBD concentration. If you are on any medication then make sure you consult a doctor before starting CBD.
I hope you all liked my articles on “Use CBD to Reduce the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis “ If you have any questions or suggestions related to this article then feel free to mention them in the comment section.